TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR HOLIDAY COTTAGES
BOOKING & PAYMENT
1. A deposit of 30% will be payable to secure your booking, and the balance will be payable 8 weeks prior to your arrival date. The deposit paid is non-refundable after 7 days.
2. If you book within 8 weeks the full balance is payable immediately.
3. A damage deposit of £100 is payable when you send in your final payment. This is returned to you within 5 working days of your departure date, providing no damage has been caused.
4. Payments can be made by electronic transfer, cash or cheque. Details will be provided as required.
5. If any payment is not made on time in relation to your booking, we will assume that you wish to cancel the booking. In which case we are entitled to retain the deposit paid. However we will send you a reminder for the balance before it is due in most cases by email. Therefore we ask that you add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts or check your spam folder around this time.
1. If you cancel within 7 days of your booking the deposit will be returned in full.
2. If written notice of cancellation is received within 8 weeks of your arrival date and you have paid your full balance we will do our best to re let the cottage. However we can not guarantee success of this. If we are unable to re let the cottage you shall remain liable for the full amount and no money can be returned to you. If we are successful we will return any monies paid less the deposit.
3. Deposits are non-refundable after the 7 days have elapsed.
CHECK IN / OUT
1. Check in is from 3pm on the date of arrival. Should an earlier check in be required please contact us before hand and we will try to accommodate where possible.
2. Check out is by 10.30am on the departure date.
PROPERTY CARE & VISITOR OBLIGATIONS
1. A condition of you staying with us, is that you look after the cottage as if it were your own. We do request a security deposit prior to your arrival. The cost of any damaged, missing items or exceptional cleaning will be deducted from this balance and the remainder returned to you.
2. There is strictly no smoking in the cottage. A charge will be made for cleaning of fabrics and upholstery should there be evidence of smoking inside the cottage.
3. Depending on which cottage you are staying in, we do allow up to 2 well behaved dogs per stay. Dogs must not be left unattended, nor do we allow them on furniture or beds.
4. If you are having visitors during your stay at the cottage, please keep us informed so that we can allow for parking for other holiday makers.
5. In the unlikely event that you discover any damaged or faulty items on arrival, please inform us immediately so that you will not be held liable. This will allow us to repair / replace the items for your stay.
6. You are expected to leave the cottage in a clean and tidy condition. We do not expect you to scrub and polish, just be respectful and wash your dishes etc.
7. Church Bay Cottages is in a quiet and tranquil area of outstanding natural beauty. You agree to prevent any member of your party from causing a nuisance or disturbance in and around the cottage. There are other cottages and holiday makers around the area and we would like everyone to enjoy a peaceful holiday.
8. Bookings will not be accepted from anyone under 18 years of age.
1. It is your own responsibility to ensure that your vehicle is locked and parked without causing an obstruction. It is also your own responsibility to ensure that the cottage is left secure when you go out. In the unlikely event that anything of yours is stolen (locked or unlocked) it will be your own responsibility.
2. We accept no responsibility for personal injury to guests, or loss or damage to their property, or for other matters over which we have no control.
1. Full Bedding is provided in the cottages for stays of 3 nights or more. You will need to provide your own bedding for 1 or 2 night stays. Duvets & Pillows in protective covers are provided; covers and sheets will be required. We can provide bedding should you need it for a surcharge of £5 per bed to be made.
2. For cottages with a multi fuel stove, a suitable amount of fuel will be provided which will be relative to the weather conditions. Further fuel can be purchased onsite.
3. We provide hand towels in the bathrooms, however bath towels and beach towels are not provided.
4. We will provide a small selection of cleaning equipment and condiments in the cottages.